Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Menopause Momma

O.K.! Menopause Sucks!  And medically induced early menopause sucks even more!  Holy cow!  Due to breast cancer I was put into early menopause because of the chemo for my type of cancer, at the ripe age of 35, and then again at 38 when my cancer had returned and moved the doctors performed emergency oophorectomy which is like a partial hysterectomy where they remove the ovaries and fallopian tubes.  I have wined and griped to my mom so many times over the past year about stupid menopause, and at least we can have a laugh but lord have mercy it sucks. 

My hubby, who I love thinks it's funny when I am miserable and breaking out my cute leopard print fan out of my purse and fan desperately at my face.  I could seriously kick him sometimes.  I don't think he thinks its funny to be mean, I think he just finds my overreaction to it as funny.  But still in the middle of a hot flash momma doesn't feel funny, and sure doesn't find anything funny about her misery. 

I will say, winter is my friend, and snow is wonderful.  We spent a family weekend up in Big Bear which is a local mountain retreat here in Southern California and I can honestly say that there are No Hot Flashes in the snow!  The only time I had one was when I was going to bed and because we rented a condo, the people below us on the first floor had their fireplace going our condo was nice and cozy and we didn't need any heat.  I slept in a tank top and pajama pants with a light blanket that's it!  Being outside in the snow was AWESOME!!! 

On the very long list of why menopause sucks is also the fact that alcohol intensifies hot flashes and will also trigger them.  UGG!!!!  So just when you are sitting down and enjoying that nice big glass of red wine and winding down from the day BAM!  Your face starts to flush, your brow begins to sweat, your body starts to heat up from tip of your toes to the top of your head and you want to start stripping down like a hooker when sailors are on leave! 

Have I mentioned I don't like menopause?  The only good thing with menopause is the lack of monthly menstrual periods and need for birth control.  I will confess that there are times that I am glad for menopause but the dislike definitely out ways the good. 

We need a menopause momma support group, that meets in a big commercial freezer, especially during summer.  There should also be prizes awarded to the menopause momma who didn't lose her mind for the month, or didn't scream at her kids, and especially for the momma who didn't give her husband a cold for needing to sleep with the a/c on in March! 


Menopause Mommas Unite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment