Thursday, September 4, 2014

You Are

I recently received a card in the mail from my mom.  Throughout my cancer journey (rollercoaster) I have received many cards offering hope, encouragement, support and Faith.  Some of these I kept to read again when I am down or needing a little lift of encouragement and some of these I throw away.  Since my cancer returned and metastasized my mom has been very encouraging and I think it was as hard for her to hear as it was for me when my cancer returned. 
Even though I am currently not going through any treatment save my estrogen blockers I still get encouraging cards, and this most recent one I want to share with those of you who may need a little lift, encouragement, hope and Faith.


"You are a fighter,
a survivor,
a woman of faith and strength.
You are a tough opponent for any challenge.
Even the big "C" is no match for you because you belong to an even bigger "C"...
Christ.
HE is with you an many prayers are for you as you fight this battle."
(DaySpring cards)


I am and have always been a tough cookie, some even nicknamed me Wonder Woman.  Through this extreme disease I have faced a war like no other and thankfully I am a soldier of God.  I have no doubt in my mind, body or soul that I have been carried through this journey with grace, God's grace.


I hope you are able to find some hope and comfort in this post.  Best wishes for you all and prayers for healing.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment